This article covers the requirements and steps needed to renew a Peer Specialist Supervisor certification.
The PSS certification shall be issued for a period of two (2) years, therefore requiring an individual to re-certify every two (2) years on that same date. The requirements for re-certification shall be as follows:
1. Absent of any ethical or malpractice violations.
2. Submission of an application including a signed copy of the ethical standards for Peer specialist supervisor.
3. Completion of twenty (20) continuing education hours of Peer specialist supervisor continuing education, including six hours of peer specialist supervision and leadership training by an approved provider.
4. Results of background check through DPS or IdentoGO within 30 days of application.
5. The fee for re-certification shall be $60.00.
Texas Certification Board’s Certemy will email a renewal notification providing a link to our new certification system. You may reset your password or Login to begin the Renewal Application at: https://tcbap.certemy.com/entry/login