Where can I complete my work experience hours?

To find work experience/internship opportunities for Mental Health Peer Specialist (MHPS) or Recovery Support Peer Specialist (RSPS) in Texas, you can check with local mental health organizations, community centers, hospitals, or clinics.

Here are some examples of the types of organizations Peer Specialist interns have worked or volunteered at while collecting their 250 hours. 
  • Mental and behavioral health services
  • Substance use and recovery services
  • Sober living 
  • Domestic violence prevention and support 
  • Homeless and shelter services
  • Peer Organizations
  • Harm reduction 
  • Hospitals
  • Veteran services
  • General social service agencies that do front facing services
  • Youth, children and family

PeerForce keeps an updated job board and map of Texas peer employers and organizations. If you are looking for an internship opportunity, this is a great place to start.